Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sleep



Drum roll, please!!! Last night Kylie slept from 10 o'clock to 5 o'clock this morning!!! And she is not quite a month old (Wednesday is the big day).  I know this probably won't last, but a girl can dream.  Perfect timing too because Rex just came back from a camping trip with his buds, and they about froze their butts off in the mountains.  Seriously, frost in August?  Any who, I'm glad to have my hubby back even if he does smell like a campfire :)

One of my close friends just found out she is going to have a little girl!!! I'm so excited for her and her fiancee.  So come January Kylie will have a little friend, and I'll have a fellow mommy to hang out with!!!  It kinda sucks right now because most of my friends are still single with no kids so they're not quite sure why I'm the crazy person that I am.  Needless to say, I was over the moon when my friend announced she was expecting!!!

And since y'all just met me, I'll let you know a little about myself.

1.  I'm 23 and in September I'll be married to my wonderful husband for three years (three years! How did time go by so fast?).

2.  I work at a pet store, which has caused the animal population at our house to raise significantly.  My pets include one German Sheperd, four Chihuahuas, one Guinea Pig, one Bearded Dragon, three Red Ear Slider Turtles, and one salt water fish tank.  And all of the animals except one chihuahua and the fish tank are rescues.  So needless to say, it is never quiet at our house. 

3.  I love to read, preferably romances and mysteries.  I absolutely love the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlene Harris. 

4.  I'm a country girl.  I love that I grew up in small town where everyone knew everyone.  And everyone especially knew who I was because both of my parents are teachers in town.  I love that I was able to grow up in a house that was on five acres and empty lots all around so I was never really fenced in.  I'm super excited that within a year my little family is going to move from the Southern California desert to a small farm town in Southeast Texas.

5.  When I was ten I joined 4-H and got my first horse for Christmas that year. I loved it.  I showed my horse, did the educational events, raised lambs for the fair, and served as the secretary and later president of my 4-H club.  I loved it because I was good at it, which was something I hadn't had yet.  I was able to travel to Denver, Albuquerque, Phoenix, and Sacramento to compete in horse judging.  With my second horse I won the Senior English Flat High Point at the State Championships.  I wouldn't trade any of it and am going to encourage my kids to join 4-H as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love