Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Settling In

So I was having a rough couple of weeks as y'all could probably tell.  This moving business is no joke, let me tell ya!  It's hard leaving a place that I've lived my whole life (I even lived on the same road my whole life! Two different houses though) and venturing into the unknown.  Life is starting to return to an even keel now.


One thing for sure though is that I absolutely LOVE this state.  Texas is kick ass.  We are living about forty-five minutes east of San Antonio in a tiny little town that has a population of 901.  There are pastures and live oaks as far as the eye can see.  Each little town has it's own water tower and in most cases a Super Wal*Mart (which we can't complain about since that's the company that pays our bills).  There is wildlife everywhere! Deer, foxes, skunks, raccoons, possums, hawks, armadillos. Cattle too.  There is one cow that is always in the middle of the road when Rex comes home from work at 2:30 in the morning.  I love little towns.  Love. Love. LOVE.



I do not like the fact that Texas feels the need to give all the roads numbers instead of names.  I'm horrible with numbers.  Rex tries to give me directions and I'm totally lost.  Like take County Road 338 to Farm Road 775 and then to Farm Road 538 and then to County Road 1101.  And so on and so on.  I'm hopeless.  Thank goodness my iPhone has GPS.



Now I'm busy looking for a new job and searching for a house to rent.  We found one right in town that has everything we want (plus they will let us keep all five chihuahuas with us) and it's in our price range.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love