Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back in Town

Sorry it's been such a long time y'all!!! Rex, Kylie, and I just got back from a week in Texas!  We went out for Rex's mom's wedding and so Kylie could meet Rex's side of the family.  Our week there was chaotic at best, but we had a wonderful time with Rex's sisters and grandma. 

Kylie and her Aunt Julie

Kylie was spoiled rotten by her Aunts Stephanie and Julie the whole time.  Everytime Stephanie came home she had a new outfit for Ky Bug.  Rex tried to keep us out of any store with baby clothes because together we could do some damage.  We did talk him into buying a cute little Halloween onsie that says "Daddy's Little Monster," cuz come on, it was only $3 at Wally World.  How could you say no? We couldn't.  Julie was great with Kylie because she would take Kylie on walks outside, which are Kylie's favorite thing at the moment.  She can be screaming her head off, but you walk out the door and she immediately stops and just stares at everything, especially trees.

The wedding was super chaotic.  Rex's mom and now husband are definitely not into planning.  Basically she had her dress and they had the church reserved for the wedding.  Oh, and she had ordered the cake.  That was it.  Yeah.  So, during the week Stephanie and I were running around like crazy women trying to get everything done.  I've decided that I should become a wedding planner/coordinator.  Cuz I kicked ass at getting everything done, and I did it all with a 2 month old baby in tow.  Stephanie and I picked out the tuxs the groom and best man wore (which they didn't go to get fitted for till the day before!), did all the shopping for decorations, flowers, and food.  And on the day of, I did all the flowers (bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres) which I think turned out pretty darn good, and even Rex agrees with me on that! I made sure everything got loaded up, got dressed, did my make up, got Kylie ready, then drove Rex's mom, Stephanie, and Kylie to the church, talked to the pastor about the service, decorated real quick, did Rex's grandma's hair and nails, made sure everyone had their appropriate flowers and where they were supposed to be, ran the music for the ceremony, and took all the pictures after the service.  Luckily Kylie slept through the preparation at the church and the service.  Pulling out my hair craziness.  But we got through it and ended up at Whataburger at 9 o'clock at night with Rex's sisters and one of their good friends.  Rex's sisters are going to send us some pics so I'll post them as soon as I get them.

So now we are home and settling back into our normal routine.  I'm just about caught up with the laundry and unpacking.  I never realized how much crap a little baby needed.  And lemme tell you, a 24 hour drive is hard enough with only two adults, but try throwing a baby into it!  The way out went pretty smoothly except when Rex met the sheriff of Crockett County, but the way home we were not so lucky.  We got caught in tons of traffic in San Antonio, and then in Palm Springs we got caught in a huge storm complete with pouring rain, hail, and flooding.  But we made it back in one piece!!!

Some parting shots of my Ky, she is growing so fast!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love