Tuesday, December 14, 2010

So Tired

Well, I've been back at work for two weeks now, and it's kicking my butt big time.  I'm only working about twenty-five hours a week, but seriously, it feels like fifty.  I never realized how out of shape I've gotten over the past five months, and now my flabby butt is laughing in my face.  So I'm hoping running around work like a woman possessed will help me lose these fifteen pounds of leftover baby fat that I just haven't been able to kick. 

Work itself is going pretty good.  I feel kinda guilty for saying this, but it feels nice to get out of the house sans baby even if it is to help crazy people decide on which fish/hamster/lizard/bird to buy.  I do still have an extra appendage though.  My breast pump.  That's who I share my breaks with now.  Every single one.  I feel like a darn moo cow.  Rex isn't helping any because he is starting to call me Bessie.  If only looks could kill, then he would have dropped dead the first time he said that to me.  But any who, I got a killer deal on the breast pump, and I am super excited about that.  During Kylie's first month, I was able to rent one through my insurance because of all our breastfeeding issues.  After that, I was left without one.  When we were up visiting my grandparents up north, my mom and I stopped in a children's second hand store to look around.  And low and behold, on one shelf there were three used breast pumps.  And one was a Medela Pump in Style with the black messenger bag.  For $38.  How could I say no to that?  It even had the car adapter.  Now, I didn't feel too weird about buying an used one because when I rented the Medela pump, they let me keep all the tubing and breast shields.  So I just threw away the ones that came with my purchase and am using the rental ones.  Score for me!

And sorry for still not having Kylie's Four Month post up yet.  Remember a month or so ago when our doctor's office scheduled Kylie's four month appointment when she was only three months?  Well, they marked it down that she had her four month appointment even though she didn't get her shots or anything.  Yeah.  So I had to call them and they were able to squeeze her into time next Monday.  The lady on the phone was not the most helpful.  I asked if it would be with Kylie's pediatrician, and the lady was like, "Yes, who else would I schedule her well baby check up with?"  Grrr.

And big news on the baby front!  Yesterday Kylie rolled all the way over for the first time!!! She was on her back playing with a toy and I look over and hear her grunting.  She was trying as hard as she could, so I grabbed my phone and started snapping pictures, and before I knew it, she was on her tummy, looking around, like, "How in the world did I end up like this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love