Saturday, October 12, 2013

So I'm Pregnant. Again.


I've been horrible about updating this blog. Like really horrible. So if you don't follow me on Instagram... Surprise! I'm pregnant! Like 19 1/2 weeks pregnant. 

This pregnancy has been so much different than Kylie's, which I knew it probably would be, but you never really know until it actually happens, right? 

First of all, it took us less than a month to conceive this lil nugget. We were in no particular rush, we wanted another baby but weren't going to stress over it. But yeah, about 3 1/2 weeks after my Mirena was removed baby #2 made itself at home.

Morning sickness. Yuck. I hardly had any with Kylie, but this baby did a number on me the first trimester. It didn't help that I spent the first part of this pregnancy during a a hot and humid Texas summer, so I found myself getting sicker as the heat got more intense. Luckily, the nausea dissipated as the first trimester came to an end. But even now I can barely stomach chicken, which has really been my only food aversion this time around. 

With Kylie we didn't find out her sex until about 20 weeks, where this time we actually found out at 13 weeks at our genetic screening ultrasound. It's a boy! And it'll be confirmed at my 20 week ultrasound coming up. So if our lil nugget stays a boy, he'll be Seth Judson Rexrode.

And boy, this baby can move already! With Kylie I had an anterior placenta so I wasn't able to feel her move until 23 weeks roundabout. This little guy started making his presence known at 15 weeks and has been kicking hard enough that Rex has been able to feel him already!

How far along? 19 weeks 4 days

How big is baby? The size of a mango. About 5 1/2 inches and 1/2 a pound.

Total weight gain/loss? About 5 pounds gained so far.

Maternity clothes?  I'm 50/50 right now. My jersey maxi skirts are definitely my best friends right now. I can only comfortably button one pair of my regular jeans right now.

Stretch marks? Nope.

Sleep? Ok. I probably get up twice a night to pee since this baby has made himself at home on my bladder and hasn't moved.

Movement? Every night about 9 he starts kicking up a storm and now I am feeling him move throughout the day as well.

Food cravings? Milk. I'm probably drinking about 2 gallons a week just by myself. 

Gender? Boy

Labor Signs? Nada

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss? Energy. Not having to pee every hour.

What I am looking forward to? My 20 week ultrasound

Best moment this week? Kylie having conversations with the baby. "He's funny, mama,"

Milestones? A couple more days and I'll be halfway through this pregnancy!


Almost 12 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love