Friday, February 18, 2011

Odds and Ends

So this has been another crazy week here in our household. I'm on my lunch now at work so I thought I'd tap out a post real quick on my iPhone, so please excuse any spelling and or grammar errors. Thank you much!

Rex is currently on disability for his back. The doctors think he has a compressed or ruptured disk, but workers comp is taking forever to approve an MRI since they are so expensive. For right now he has physical therapy 3 times a week but it's not making much of a difference. Now that he is off of work for an indefinite amount of time, Rex is now Mr. Mom. And he is doing an amazing job at it too! Him and Kylie are having fun hanging out with each other, taking long walks every day, cuddling with chihuahuas during naptime, and running errands together. I'm kinda jealous. But I think it's been good that Rex has been off because it let us see what each others lives are like. Now I know what he felt like after working 40+ hours a week and he knows what it feels like to be at home with a baby all the time with no one to give you a break. So we have been a lot more understanding with each other which is really nice.

And Kylie keeps doing all kinds of new things. She can now get into a crawling position when she is sitting up. She is starting to wave at people by opening and closing one hand. Ky is babbling more than ever now too. It's funny, when she gets really mad she'll just yell,"mamamamamamama." When we are listening to music in the car Kylie will hum along to her favorite songs, particularly to Rise Against. At first we couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from so we turned down the radio and heard her humming in the back seat. Too frigging cute, lemme tell you. Kylie loves when Rex doesn't shave, she will stroke his scruff while she is eating or trying to fall asleep. And then she will feel my face and look at me in disgust when she realizes I have no scruff.

That's all I can think of right now, but in a couple days I'll have a post dealing with pacifiers and crying it out and where I stand with both of them.

Happy Friday y'all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love