Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Six Months!!!

My darling little Ky Bug is now six months old.  A half a year.  Yikes!  I can’t believe that she is getting so old.  She is continuing to grow in leaps and bounds, and in her case rolls.  Kylie has developed such a big personality and nothing is better than coming home from work and having her greet me with a huge smile, arms reaching for me, and squeals of joy.  She sure knows how to make me feel special.  Or when she takes a nap with me in bed, her breathing slow and even as she is cuddled in my side.  Completely trusting and at peace. 

Some stats for y’all
-Her eyes, which have been a gray-blue since she was born, are turning slightly green in the centers!  Rex is beside himself because of this but that’s just because he has green eyes.  Hmph.  Kylie still looks like him too.
-Her hair is getting lighter and lighter.  It’s a light brown now, with blonde-red tints in it when the sun shines on her head.
-She talks up a storm most of the time now.  Her favorite place to talk is in the car.  She will tell all kinds of story to her little birdman toy that hangs from her car seat.  She can say mama and baba, but still hasn’t said dada.  She grunts and squeals at the dogs, it’s so cute.  Ky loves smacking her lips together while making the mmmmm sound.

-Kylie is sitting up by herself now, for the most part.  She still tips over every once in awhile though.  She will no longer lean back for baths, she loves to sit up and splash in the water with her hands instead of her feet.  Kylie can roll from her back to her belly and then from her belly to her back.  Often several times in a row.  The other week she scared me half to death when she rolled off our bed onto the hardwood floor.  Thankfully there was no serious damage to her little noggin.  I think it took a couple years off of my life though.  She loves straddling people’s legs and bouncing up and down as much as she can.  Ky still loves her exersaucer, and will jump up and down in it now.
-Ky is still sleeping through the night.  Her nap schedule has been less than perfect lately though.  I feel bad since I’m back at work full-time and it’s hard to keep a schedule with work, errands, and chores.  This week I need to really sit down and come up with a schedule that will work for Rex, Kylie, our sitter, and me.  Any tips from working moms?  I could use all the help I can get.  She still loves sleeping with us the best for nap time, but lately has been napping fairly well in her swing and in her car seat.  At night she is likes to make Rex and I worry about her by rolling over onto her belly to sleep.  We know that once she can roll over by herself we can’t really stop her and that the SIDS risk goes down, but we still can’t help but worry. 
-She is wearing clothes anywhere from 0-3 months to 6 months.  Basically all of her onesies still fit her, but in the pants department she needs the 3-6 or the 6 months.  Such long little legs!  Hopefully they stay long so she doesn't end up like me with stubby little legs!   Kylie is still wearing size 2 diapers and cloth diapers when I am at home. 

-Kylie is still on breast milk and formula.  I'm so proud of myself for making it to six months with breastfeeding!  It's gotten a lot harder since I am back to work full time, but we are still trucking along.  I am going to do my darnedest to make it to one year!!!  Ky is also getting rice cereal and oatmeal.  We have tried bananas, but she screwed up her face for those and had black flecks in her poop after that.  That was last week, so today we are going to try sweet potatoes!



-Ky is now learning to voice her opinion on things now too.  Like if she doesn't want to be set down or stop eating or have her toy taken away from her.  Sometimes this makes me miss the little newborn that just wanted to eat and sleep.   But then she is just so gregarious and funny now, and it keeps my life much more interesting.  She loves playing with the chihuahuas now.  She will pet them (i.e. grabbing their fur, luckily they are good sports and are already protective of her) and smile and laugh at them.  Ky still loves being outside and we now have a baby jogger to take her on walks on all the dirt roads around us.  She is just starting to get wary of strangers.  If she is unsure about someone she will raise up her arms in front of her face and peek around them every so often.  She can be a little diva as well.  When she is tired and is trying to go asleep she will often fling one hand across her eyes and sigh or whine.  Too cute.  I let her pick out her outfits now.  I'll hold up two of them and she will always make a beeline for one.

So there you have it.  A half a year old.  I'm sure I'm forgetting to write down a million other things she has done, but this will have to do for now.  I'll add her height and weight when she has her well baby checkup.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for 6 months! They grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do!!! It sounds so cliche, but its totally true! We have living proof!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love