Sunday, March 13, 2011

7 Months!!!

 
 
My little Kylie Louise is now 7 months old. Except she's not so little anymore.  She continues to amaze me with her personality and development.  She is really becoming her own little person now with likes and dislikes.

Ky now weighs 16 pounds and 4 ounces and is 26 1/2 inches long.  She is in the 20th percentile for weight, 50th for height, and 75th for head circumference.  And I'm definitely noticing the difference in weight.  She is a heavy little baby to carry around these days.  I remember when she was a newborn and when I was breastfeeding her, her little body was about as long as I was wide.  Now she sprawls out and her legs dangle off of my lap.

Her clothes size ranges anywhere from 0-3 to 6-9 for onesies and from 6 to 6-9 for pants.  I like it because it gives me an excuse to buy new clothes for her and all the summer ones are just too stinking cute!  Her feet are still tiny though, she is still wearing her 0-3 and 3-6 months socks and shoes.


I'm still breastfeeding and supplementing with formula.  It's getting a lot harder since I work full time now, but I'm doing my best.  I really want to try to make it to a year.  If I don't that's ok, but I'm going to do my best.  Ky is also on solids now.  So far she likes oatmeal, squash, sweet potatoes, corn, apples, carrots, and chicken.  She does not like prunes or green beans.  Kylie is getting much better at eating the food rather than letting it dribble down her chin.

The Ky Bug is talking up a storm too.  She can say mama, baba, dada, mop, bop, and lots of sounds and squeals.  She doesn't know what they all mean though.  She says "mamamamama" when she is really upset and "dadadadadada" when she's happy. Thanks kid.

She is now mobile. Ky rolls both ways like a champ and can get herself into crawling position. However, she is just army crawling at the moment.  And she goes backwards instead if forwards. Is my kid special or what? :). She reaches and lunges for things, including my quesadilla that she flipped off of a restaurant table last week.  She can almost pull herself up to a standing position when she is sitting in her crib.  And Kylie can now stand by herself while holding on to something too.  Ky loves picking up things and transfering them hand to hand.  She is currently fascinates by the drawstrings on sweatshirts.  And I have found that if she gets tired with her toys I can just plop the diaper bag down beside her and she will spend a good half an hour pulling each thing out individually and inspecting it.  She is a super nosy baby and has to know what's going on around her at all times.  She will crane her neck around to see something behind her and will lean forward to see something that is below her.

We are still pacifier free.  She has been sleeping really good too.  We had a couple nights last week where she was waking up screaming and couldn't go back to sleep, but we managed to push through that and are doing much better now.  Ky has taken to smiling and giggling in her sleep, and it melts my heart everytime I see her do that. 

And just when I think I can't love her anymore than I already do, I realized that I can.  I love you Ky Bug, with every fiber of my being.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love