Thursday, September 29, 2011

Four Years of Not Yet Strangling Each Other

In Mammoth when we were dating, I pulled up all of
these pictures from my long neglected Myspace :)
Hee hee.  Today Rex and I have been married for four years!  It's so hard to wrap my head around this.  Sometimes it seems like just yesterday that we started our life together and then others it seems like we've been married forever and a day.  Our second anniversary as parents to the Bug. 

Us being goons
I love this man with all of my heart.  He's my best friend, my lover, my confidant, my fellow Dexter/True Blood/Sons of Anarchy watcher, he's my maker of the best cream of chicken chicken ever, and he's the best damn husband a girl could want.  Rex always is there to stand up for me when I won't defend myself (I'm definitely a go with the flow type gal), someone I can always vent to about work and stupid people, and he's always there to make me feel like the sexiest woman ever, even post baby.

Married here, where he is at a UCLA game with me when he is a devoted USC fan :)
I appreciate what he does for Kylie and me even more now since we've been apart for a month and a half.  It's taught me not to take him for granted.  I may have whined that he didn't help out enough when he was still here, but now I know I was dead wrong.  He calls/texts me a couple of times a day to make sure Ky and I are holding up okay, and just to hear our voices.  He commiserates with Kylie about how mean I am (and Kylie the little traitor, always agrees with him!) and sends us videos of him and what he's doing so we can still be there for the little things.  He works his cute butt off for us in that Texas humidity with a herniated disc and damaged nerve in his back (owwwww...more to come on this later) and doesn't complain.

One of my favorite photos of Rex ever...
I am so blessed and I can't thank God enough for placing this man in my life, I can just try to be as good of a wife to him as he is a husband to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love