Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What We've Been Up To

Oh, and this little thing is getting her first haircut on Saturday!
Think she needs one?!

This year has been flying by so far.  I can't believe that we are already more than halfway through January.  It's been a busy month so far.  Rex is still working up a storm at his job, though it has slowed down after the holidays.  I'm working anywhere from 40-55 hours a week at the restaurant and the day care.  Kylie is being, well, Kylie.  Crazy as ever.

The past week or so Kylie and I have both been battling a nasty cold.  On Sunday Ky ended up sleeping for most of the day with a bad fever, poor baby.  Luckily now she only has a little bit of a runny nose and is her usual bouncy self again.  Same thing cannot be said for me.  My sinuses are still all plugged up and I'm sneezing up a storm.  I can't wait to be over this darn thing.

Yesterday we had a little bit of a scare, I got up in the morning and was rounding up all of our little dogs, when I couldn't find my dog, Nova.  She ended up being hunched over at the foot of the bed and wouldn't come to me.  I picked her up and she started yelping in pain.  Her neck and chest were all swollen and sensitive to touch.  We took her to the vet and they couldn't figure out why it had happened.  She didn't have any bug or snake bites, they checked her salivary glands, and there were no cuts or scrapes.  They think she could have been playing with the other dogs and gotten roughed up a bit, with bad bruising.  So she got sent home with anti-inflammatory meds and antibiotics and we're supposed to take her back in four days if she doesn't improve.  I'm hoping and praying she gets better, as I hate seeing my little gal in pain. 

Kylie was cute at the vet's office though.  She had her little stuffed monkey with her, and after I had wiped her nose and thrown away the tissue, she carefully sits her monkey on the bench.  Ky then proceeds to go get a tissue and wipe her monkey's nose, and then throw away the tissue in the trash can.  She did this about five times before I stopped her.  The real kicker is that every time she would hold up the tissue to the monkey's nose, she would puff air out her own nose.  I was dying from the cuteness of it all.

Tonight Rex and I are stepping out on our own for the first time in I don't know how long.  At least six months.  We are going out to dinner and then to a concert in San Antonio.  I got Rex the tickets for his birthday, and he is super stoked.  We are seeing his favorite band of all time, Rise Against.  He even posted on his facebook how excited he is :)  I'm excited as well, since I have never been to a concert or a show.  ::sigh::  I know, I'm sheltered. 

And in less than a month, I'll have Kylie's 18 month post!  Yikes.  I can't believe that she will be a year and a half.  We're planning a little half birthday party for her too.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love