Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Going Back to Work = Epic FAIL

So Monday was my first day at work since before Kylie was born.  I didn't work until three in the afternoon, and at four a.m. I already knew that it was going to be a bad day.  Kylie had woken up with a super stuffy nose and was sneezing and coughing.  At six I called and made an appointment for her at 2:15 that day.  I tried to get some chores done around the house and managed to get a shower in before I left.  My hubby didn't want to go to the appoinment alone with Kylie so I drove separately and met him at the doctor's office since it's only five minutes away from my work.

We get there and get called in fairly quickly.  But our panic starts as Kylie is weighed and the scale reads 6 lbs 1 oz.  6 LBS AND ONE FREAKING 1 OZ.  That is 14 oz below her birth weight and she is 7 weeks old now.  Yeah, Rex and I were freaking out because we expected some weight loss since she has been so congested and has been having a little trouble eating, but not that much!  Kylie has grown one inch though since her 2 week appointment so that's good.  And our pedi who we love and was highly recommended by our friends listened to her lungs and checked her ears and said Kylie was fine.  She said not to worry about Kylie's weight, and they will check it again at her 2 month appointment next week.  Ha.  Easier said then done.

After this I still had to go to work, and of course right before we left the doctor's Kylie spit up all over the front of my work shirt.  I gave my goodbyes to Rex and Kylie, and clocked in.  Now I was a little worried since this was the first time they had been alone together for a significant amount of time, but I started relaxing as an hour or so passed and I hadn't gotten any panicked phone calls.  That went to hell on my lunch when I called Rex to see how they were doing.  I could barely hear him over Kylie's screaming, and Rex was freaking out.  Nothing he was doing was calming her down.  She wouldn't take a paci, didn't want to be held or walked around, didn't want to be in her swing, didn't like anything.  And she didn't want to take a bottle from Rex either.  I asked him if he wanted me to come home, but he said he would hold out a little longer, but to come right home after I get off. 

Then at eight I get a call on the work phone, and I immediately know it's Rex because I can STILL hear Kylie screaming in the background.  All he said was, "You need to come home NOW," and then hung up.  So I'm panicking now, I find my manager, and tell her I have an emergency at home.  Luckily, she was totally fine with that and told me to leave right away.  I don't think I have driven so fast in my life.  I get home and rush to the room and there Kylie is, sleeping peacefully in Rex's arms.  Poor girl, tired herself out crying.  I get changed out of my work clothes and pick up Ky to feed her since she had only drunk about an ounce since her doctor's appointment.  She latched on to my boob like it was going out of style, let me tell you.  And after her feeding she was all smiles and funny faces.  

Needless to say, I called off of work Tuesday, since Kylie still didn't take a bottle from Rex that night or the next morning.  It must just be because she's under the weather since she has been fed by Rex a couple times a weeks since she was two weeks old.  I am hoping and praying that she will feel better soon so I can go back to work because we need the mula.  We have until my next shift on Sunday to try to get her to take a bottle from Rex.  But we haven't had much luck yet.  :(

So please pray for our little Ky Bug and Rex, that she gains weight and will eat for Rex!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love