Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hi, We're Rex and Brooke

I saw this questionnaire and had to fill it out.  Call me a sucker.

1. What are your middle names?
My middle name is Brooke and Rex's middle name is Judson.
2. How long have you been together?
On September 22 it has been FIVE years, wow.
3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A couple of months.  I met him the summer after I graduated high school.  Some of our mutual friends introduced us and...
4. Who asked who out?
He asked me out.  And he was so frigging cute when he did it too.  He was all nervous and was telling me how he thought I was pretty and fun to talk to and did I want to go out with him?
5. How old are each of you?
I am 23 and he is just about to turn 25.
6. Did you go to the same school?
Yes, I never talked to him while we were in school, but I watched him play football every Friday night.  I always knew I was going to date a football player...
7. Are you from the same home town?
Yes siree.  It's funny that we didn't meet each other sooner since our home town is so small and both of us have lived here our whole lives.  Though he was quite the wild child and I was a book worm.
8. Who is the smartest?
I don't really know.  I guess I would be more book smart and he is more street smart.  I am known for my lack of common sense sometimes so he keeps me in line :)
9. Who majored in what?
Right now I'm majoring in Medical Billing, and eventually would like to either become a RN or a teacher.  He is a diesel mechanic and was taught by his grandpa, uncles, and himself. 
10. Who is the most sensitive?
I am by far.  Especially since I had Kylie.  You know that Pampers commercial that plays "Silent Night" and shows sleeping babies?  Makes me tear up every time.  But Rex totally surprises me sometimes,  he just likes to hide behind his tough guy exterior.
11. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
So far it's been San Antonio, Texas to visit family.  But we really want to go to Cozumel, Mexico for one our anniversaries.
12. Who has the worst temper?
Rex does.  I'm a more go with the flow time of person, and Rex makes sure I don't get walked over all the time.  He is completely open and honest with how he feels about things.  You always know where you stand with him.  His bosses call him a "terrorist" because he lets them know when he doesn't think somethings fair or right.
13. How many children do you want?
Well, definitely one!!! We are undecided.  I've always wanted three, but we are just seeing how things play out in our lives.  But it will be a while before we have anymore.
14. Who does the cooking?
It's about 50/50.  I never learned how to cook till I met him, and I am not the best.  He was taught by his grandma and cooks the best Southern comfort food ever!  His cornflake chicken is to die for!  I'm good at baking though.  Four layer dark chocolate cake with orange cream filling and chocolate ganache anyone?
15. Who is more social?
He is.  I'm a hermit.  I could go for days with not talking to anyone and be fine. I find that after being around people a lot for a while is tiring, and I have to keep to myself for a little while to regroup.  Rex is the social butterfly.  He loves to talk and for some reason while we are out and about, old people always talk to him.  Tattoos and all.  It's weird.
16. Who is the neat freak?
It used to be neither of us, but the nesting instinct took hold and never left with me.  Rex is more of the "toss the clothes in the general direction of the hamper kind of guy."  Unless it's the garage or his tool box.  Then he is totally anal about it.
17. Who is the most stubborn?
Both of us.  He might be slightly more.  But I can hold out for a pretty long time.
18. Who wakes up earlier?
Me!  I've always been a morning person and he is a night owl.
19. Where was your first date?
Seeing the monster truck rally at the LA County Fair.  Yes, totally redneck.  That's how we roll.
20. Who has the bigger family?
I think he does, mainly because of remarriages and such.  Both of our families are super spread out though.  California, Texas, Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Nebraska... I even have a lot of family living in Australia and Russia.
21. Do you get flowers often?
Nope.  I think I got them once on our first Valentine's Day together.  He says they are just going to die in a couple days so what's the point.  Oh wait, he did get me a pot of pink tulips once too (because they would stay alive longer).
22.How do you spend the holidays?
Usually with my family and then sometimes we will go to his dad's.
23. Who is more jealous?
Neither of us are really.  We have our moment's, but we're pretty trusting of each other, which is good :)
24. How long did it take to get serious?
Pretty soon.  I think earlier for him than me, it was my first real relationship and I had no clue how to go about things.  After a couple months of dating he told me he loved me.
25. Who eats more?
Him!  Well, he likes big meals and I am more of a grazer. 

26. What do you do for a living?
I'm a SAHM at the moment, on hiatus from a pet store, working on starting my own Etsy store, and a student.  He is a diesel mechanic.
27. Who does the laundry?
Me.  He did it once and put bleach in a load of darks.  Yeah.  And that load of darks including a Juicy Couture sweatshirt that I had received as a gift and can never afford to replace.  It's a sore subject.
28. Who’s better with the computer?

I am usually.
29. Who drives when you’re together?
He usually does because according to him, I drive like an old lady.
30. What is your song?
It's not official, but we danced to "Swing Life Away" by Rise Against at our wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love