Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Big News

That I forgot to tell y'all about is...I got a promotion at work!!!  I've just been in the fish/small animal/reptile/bird area for about 2 1/2 years now and I have been bugging my managers for full time hours forever!  It finally paid off, because just this week I was promoted to Pet Products Manager!!!  This means I'll be going into work in the wee hours of the morning to oversee stocking, resets, price changes, and loads.  It also means that I'll be guaranteed 45 hours a week whereas right now I'm only getting about 25 (and a I'll get a raise!).  I know I won't be able to spend as much time with Kylie as I'm used to, but I'll finally be able to better provide for her.  I have been feeling guilty lately because Rex has been working full time for over 5 years now to support us, and I haven't worked full time since we were first married.   Most days I'll be off of work by 2 in the afternoon so I'll have the rest of the day with the bug, which I'm super thankful for.

In other news, the Ky Bug is sick.  She has a super runny nose and a horrible cough.  We took her to the doctor today to be on the safe side, and it's nothing serious thank goodness.  And while I'm at it she currently weighs 13 lbs 9 oz and is 25 3/4 inches long.  So we are just going to keep up with the saline spray, snot sucker, humidifier, and pillow under the crib mattress.  She is pathetic though, with her watery eyes and runny nose.  Also, she is waking up about every hour at night from her coughing, which means that I'm not getting much sleep either.  For the most part I can't complain though, because Kylie is a pretty well behaved sick kid.  Not much crying at all, just sniffles and coughs.  She is being super cuddly as well, and has fallen back in love with the boob.  She hasn't been too keen on breastfeeding for the last couple of weeks, but now she can't get enough! Yay!  I'm doing my darnedest to make it to a year!!!

I just heard the timer go off, which means dinner's done!!! Have a great night everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love