Saturday, January 8, 2011

Five Months!!!


All right.  This time I am closer to getting this post up on time.  Only a couple days off for this one.

So my little Ky Bug is five months old now.  Crap.  She is growing up way too fast.  I know that sounds so cliche, but it's totally true.  It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby who slept all the time.  Though the sleeping all the time part sounds quite nice.

I'm just keeping her stats the same this month since her last ones were taken at 4 1/2 months.  So she has probably grown a little, but since we haven't been to the doctor's, we'll just keep it simple.

Ky is moving around more than ever now.  She can roll from her back to her belly a lot more frequently now.  And she almost can roll from her belly to her back.  She getting super close.  And now she can push all the way up on her arms now when she is on her tummy.  Kylie wants to crawl so bad now too.  She will grab on to stuff in front of her to try to pull herself along.  Occasionally she can sit up by herself as well, but doesn't like it too much.   And Kylie just discovered her feet this morning as I was changing a particularly poopy diaper.  So she is in love with her toes now.  Too frigging cute.  She absolutely loves the exersaucer Rex and I got her for Christmas.  It makes making dinner much less time consuming as it will keep her occupied for 20-30 minutes. 



She is talking a lot and is constantly expanding her sound vocabulary.  She squeaks, squeals, coos, grunts, smacks her lips, blows raspberries by the dozen, and loves to babble.  Rex swears she said mama the other day too.  And I didn't hear it!!! Can you believe that???  I was too busy cussing at the crib sheet when I was changing her bedding.  Stupid bumpers and stupid fitted sheets.  Someone needs to make a better system.  Seriously.

Kylie is still in size 2 diapers.  But big news!!!  She got about 7 more cloth diapers for Christmas!!!  So when I am home she has a fluffy butt.  We still use disposables when we are out and about and at the sitters.  That will change though when I get more diapers and wet bags.   She is also still in mostly 0-3 clothes except her sleepers.  Though some of her 3-6 and 6 month clothes are getting closer to fitting her pretty well.  And I finally found socks that fit her!!!  They're the little ones that look like they have shoes on. 



She is still sleeping through the night too.  Which I am infinitely thankful for.  Her naps are starting to get a tiny bit more regular as well.  She loves taking them with Rex and me.  So we are still spoiling her with those.  We figure as long as she is sleeping in her crib for 10-12 hours a night, she deserves nap time with mommy and daddy.  Though I am totally jealous of Rex!  The other day when I was at work they took a 3 1/2 hour nap together!!!!  I'm luck if I get 45 minutes!!!  No fair!

Kylie is still 100% on breast milk and formula.  I have managed to keep my supply going even with going back to work.  My breast pump is my new best friend.  We let Kylie taste foods though.  She likes broccoli (which I let her taste) and chocolate (which Rex let her taste.  I can already tell that I am going to have to be the "bad" parent that says no).  And she now tries to drink from our glasses.  She will reach out, grab onto the cup with both hands, bring it to her mouth, and suck on the rim.  It's too cute for words.  And yesterday at the sitter's she drank a whole bottle by herself with no help.  Luckily the sitter sent a picture to me so I didn't completely miss out.

Her little personality isn't so little anymore.  She totally has her opinion on things.  Like now I can't eat while breastfeeding because she does not appreciate me eating things she can't yet.  And that she must go on a walk outside everyday no matter how much I have to bundle her up because of the cold.  And now Ky has a favorite toy.  Birdman as we call him.  Though actually he is a little pink bird that is attached to her car seat.  She holds on to him all the time while in the car now.  I think this friendship is going to last a while so I better get my happy butt into Target and buy a couple more Birdmans before anything happens to the original.



I feel like I'm forgetting something, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is.  So this will have to do for now.  Forgive me for the disjointed ramblings, I still haven't caught up on my sleep this week.  And I promise, more posts are soon to come.  I've been a slacker.  Sorry  :::big sad eyes::: Please forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love